The Commercial Collection Agency Association (CCAA) was established in 1972 to improve the quality and reputation of the commercial collection industry and is part of the oldest creditors’ rights organization in the country: the Commercial Law League of America. The CCAA represents the most prestigious commercial collection agencies in the United States. CCAA members are the only collection agencies in the United States certified by the Commercial Law League of America and authorized to display the seal of the Association and is limited to those select agencies in the country who continue to meet CCAA’s rigorous criteria.
The CCAA works to elevate the standards of the commercial collections industry by providing educational, legislative, promotional and administrative services to its members.
WCS adheres to the following standards:
- The agency has been in business for a minimum of five years prior to application for membership in the CCAA.
- A minimum of 80% of the agency’s collection business must be commercial in nature.
- The agency agrees to maintain a separate Trust Account into which all monies belonging to creditors are placed. This Trust Account is analyzed twice annually by the Executive Director of the CCAA.
- The agency must agree to subscribe to the CCAA Code of Ethics. The Code of Ethics sets ethical standards for the agencies dealing with customers, debtors and attorneys. A copy of the Code of Ethics can be found here. Failure to adhere to those standards may cost an agency its certification.
- Agency executives must meet continuing educational requirements and attend regular CCAA meetings during the year. These meetings are both informational and educational in nature.
- The agency agrees to post a surety bond in the minimum amount of $300,000 for the protection of the creditors it serves.
- The agency must agree to random periodic site visits from the CCAA Executive Director.
- The agency must be in compliance with all local and state regulations governing its operation of a commercial collection agency.
Williams, Charles & Scott, LTD. has had a certificate of compliance with the CCAA since July 28, 1987.